By: Lindsey Mills
Two things that everyone loves: Pinterest and Contests! It’s only best that the two be combined for what many companies promote as “Pin it to Win it”. Not only are pinterest contests fun, but they are also beneficial for pinners, and companies. Pinners are able to express their interests while entering for a chance to win great prizes. Also, companies are able to drive traffic and create buzz around their products while keeping fans and costumers happy.
Life is Good/Do what you like: http://bit.ly/MJqITI
Redbook/Scarlet Fever (True Blood): http://bit.ly/NCZcuM
Miraval “Me Time”: http://bit.ly/MPZ3H7
Benefits for Pinners:
Create more content/boards for your personal Pinterest Account.
- Most Contests require you to create a separate board for the Contest so this will add to the boards you already have
Generate more likes and engagement towards your pins.
- Friends and followers will see that you are pinning great products and ideas and may comment, like or repin your pins, which will create more engagement for your boards.
Connect with large companies and brands.
- Gain new connections with large companies and brands because once you create the contest board they are likely to follow you back and interact with your boards.
- You could be chosen to win the Pinterest Contest simply by pinning and repining!
Benefits for Companies:
Drives traffic to not only Pinterest account but also to the website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Many contests require that participants pin things such as products from the companies website which drives traffic to both, their Pinterest account and their website. Contest participants may also be interested in checking out the companies Facebook and Twitter pages to learn more or even just browse.
Creates word of mouth/online buzz.
- Who doesn’t love free stuff? Contests are a great way for companies to create buzz about their brand and products because people will talk about them in a positive light. Friends will share the contest online, and talk about it when they meet up so that their friends will have a chance to win as well.
Promotes the brand.
- Since people are pinning 5-10 products from the website, Pinterest Contests promote the products and the brand. Not only does the person who has entered the contest see the products, all of the person’s Pinterest followers do too!
Generates more product purchases.
- Even though pinners are hoping to win products and prizes, there is a good chance that since they are on the website they see things that they like and can’t resist to purchase. Or if they don’t win, they may go back to the website later on to purchase the product they were hoping to win.
- Pinterest offers many great resources from DIY projects and ideas to Contests! There are many benefits for Pinners and Companies as well.
Have you ever entered a Pinterest Contest? What were some of the benefits and your favorite things about the contest? Share your thoughts in the comments below!